Saturday, July 27, 2024

maybe


If I were the rocks at her feet
Holding her ground when it's too shaky
When she had seen too much of the world's deceit
When she feels her homeless heart breakin'

If I were the soil underneath 
Nourishing her desiccated roots
When she's struggling to breathe 
Under the weight of life's boots 

If I were the sun lighting up her way
In her darkest hours of her darkest thoughts
Warming her pretty pettels so frail
To give her the comfort she sought

If I were her wind to carry her voice 
The cool breeze above her tormented soul
To grant her wistful wish to rejoice
Once more to feel seamlessly whole

If I were the rain to soothe her thirst
To help her grow out of her shell
To show her love, to be the first
To walk her past this horrid hell

If I were her everlasting everything
Maybe then she would bloom 
Again with delicate sparkling
For her passionate perfume