Sunday, May 5, 2024

embrace

how do I set my thoughts on fire
and watch them dance on the sky
how do I unfeel a dreadful desire
of ever wanting to die

die by choking, die by bleeding 
die as I am a miserable mistake
never enough - always weeping 
over some trite heartache 

ache is my new best friend 
bound together now and hereafter 
till all my hopes meet an end 
and my insanity bursts in laughter 

laughter's all behind my back 
how could I be so naive 
again to fall to the same trap
yet I still believe - I believe 

I buy my own flowers
I savour my tears
for hours and hours
I bathe in my fears

I believe in the whispers of shadows
thriving ferociously in my head 
building higher, thicker walls of prisons
so lonely wishing I was dead

dead as every goddamn dream
suicide's my only escape 
the only unshackled lightbeam
delightfully numbing embrace

I buy my own flowers 
I savour my tears
I live with my monsters'
delightfully numbing embrace